Thursday, June 12, 2008

Uplifted By The Sounds of Kirk Franklin

Today I put Kirk Franklin’s The Fight of My Life in the CD player. First I played track 16 repeatedly, reminding myself that as a child of God people should be able to see Jesus in me, and then I listened to the entire CD twice. You see, this morning I was a little down. Songs don’t always have to be performed by Christian artists for the lyrics to be uplifting and motivational, but when I’m feeling really low, hearing songs about Jesus is the only thing that can bring back the joy I seemed to have misplaced. I know there are many Christian artists out there who sing messages of hope and love that uplift, but I’d just like to take this moment to thank my favorite Christian artist, Kirk Franklin, for letting God use him to bless me and so many others.

No comments: