Thursday, February 14, 2013

Valentine's Day: A Holiday That Celebrates Love

I Love You - These words are spoken to spouses, sons, daughters, parents, grandparents, sisters, brothers, nieces, nephews, uncles, aunts, girlfriends, boyfriends, friends, best friends... Some use the word 'love' like they know what it means, but it's obvious by their actions that they have no clue.

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil, but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails. 1 Corinthians 13:4-8

Love is not always easy. Love is serious business. Love takes work.

I look at 1 Corinthians 13 and confess that I have stuff to work on - the 'keeping no record of wrongs', in particular. Especially when the wrong doing didn't just anger me, but hurt me to my heart. How about you?

No comments: